This zero waste handmade deodorant is very easy to make and we’re to show you how to do it. To make 200ml of deodorant you need 3 ingredients: 300 ml of tap water 1 spoon of baking soda 20 drops of Tea Tree Oil If we want, other essential oils we like for scenting Of...
How to make candles with leftover wax
How to make candles with leftover wax? It’s really easy and satisfying. Moreover, making candles with leftover wax is a perfect Zero Waste solution for home decorations, or to make a sustainable present. What we need is:
- Leftover wax from old candles
- Old candles jars, cups, etc.
- Sting for wicks
- A stick (like a Chinese stick or a wooden stick)
- A little pot (that will be destined to the production of candles, as wax will be hard to remove)
- Essential oils for scenting
Procedure to make candles with leftover wax
- Take all the leftovers we have and crumble them into the pot
- Melt the wax in double boiler and, keeping the flame low, let it melt completely
- In the meantime, cut the strings according to the measures of the various jars we have
- Dip the wicks in the melted wax and lay them to dry, so that wax can become hard and keep them rigid and easily moldable
- Once they’re dry, wrap one of the extremities of the wick around the stick and place the stick on the jar, making sure that the wick falls straight in its centre all the way to the bottom.
- When the wax is completely melted, pour a small amount (a finger or two) in the jar and let it solidify. Keep going one finger at a time. You can fill the jar at once if you prefer, but there’s the risk for a small depression in the candle once it solidifies.
- While the wax is till wet, you can add some drops of essential oil
Potrebbe interessarti anche
Homemade Zero Waste toothpaste: how to make it in 3 steps
How to make a homemade Zero Waste toothpaste in 3 steps? Here’s a recipe that is easier and faster than you would think. The only thing we’d like to highlight is that our homemade Zero Waste toothpaste is a powder, which has a texture and a flavor that are completely...
Homemade Zero Waste degreaser
How to make a Zero Waste degreaser? This is the perfect recipe, fast and easy, but also healthier for your home. This homemade Zero Waste degreaser is perfect for sustainable and Zero Waste house cleaning. Moreover, thanks to the natural ingredients used, it makes our...